We are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority:
- Our Financial Conduct Authority reference number is 147395.
- We maintain professional indemnity insurance.
- We keep records of business transactions for at least six years.
- Tax and estate planning is not regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
- Nor do they regulate National Savings & Investments products.
Contact details for the Financial Conduct Authority are:
We are members of the Personal Finance Society:
- We adhere to their code of conduct and ethics, a copy of which is available on request.
- We will not accept payments or any other benefits from product providers or anybody else with whom we may deal on clients’ behalf.
The Personal Finance Society has a programme of “continuing professional development”:
- We subscribe to this programme in order to ensure that we stay abreast of matters affecting the finances of our clients.
- Training events may be funded or delivered by product providers, investment fund managers, investment trading platforms and others through whom we deal for clients.
- This may be construed as our accepting a “benefit in kind”, but we only attend lectures that add to our knowledge – and thus the quality of service that we offer to our clients.
- We avoid anything associated with lavish entertaining, exotic venues or valuable gifts.
Our “continuing professional development” records can be inspected by the Personal Finance Society and/or the Financial Conduct Authority at anytime, to ensure their propriety.
Contact details for the Personal Finance Society are:
Our clients are classified as "retail clients" for regulatory purposes:
- This gives them the highest level of protection in the event of a dispute.
- Complaints should always be raised with us directly in the first instance.
- Please write or speak to our Managing Director, John Cope.
- If our response is not satisfactory, the Financial Ombudsman Service can adjudicate.
- Fuller details of our complaints process are available on request, if required.
Contact details for the Financial Ombudsman Service are: